You may want to install OWSM Gateway on a different machine (such as one in DMZ) than rest of the OWSM components (such as policymanager, monitor, console). But, OWSM or SOA suite installer doesn't have an option to install only the gateway. You can follow the following procedure to perform such a Gateway only installation.
Step 1: Install standalone OWSM (using Advanced option)
During install, you will be required to enter database details. You can either
- provide existing database details where ORAWSM schema exists. The installer won't modify existing tables, but as a best practice take the database backup before performing this operation. (or)
- create a dummy database just for this installation, and run irca script on it before performing install.
You will need to follow this sequence to get to the current patch level.
- Install 10.1.3.1 OC4J
- Install 10.1.3.1 OWSM
- Apply 10.1.3.3 patchset. Note: The above sequence is required, as you cannot install OWSM on top of 10.1.3.3 OC4J.
Step 2: Undeploy policymanager, coreman, and ccore applications from the new installation
Step 3: Reconfigure the gateway to communicate with existing policy manager and monitor
- Login to OWSM console, and add the gateway component.
- Once the gateway component is added, click the Edit icon and modify cfluent.monitor.rmi.host to point to the existing monitor application running elsewhere.
- Open OC4J_HOME/owsm/config/gateway/gateway-config-installer.properties, and modify gateway.policymanagerURL in addition to other properties required for configuring the gateway
- Re deploy the gateway using wsmadmin tool (wsmadmin deploy gateway)
Step 4: Verify database details for SOAP message logging
SOAP messages are logged to OWSM database by default when "Log" policy step is added to the request/respsone policy pipeline. If you don't plan to use SOAP message logging, then disable this functionality.
- Login to OWSM console, and click the Edit icon for the gateway component.
- To disable message logging, change cfluent.messagelog.enabled property to false.
- To reconfigure the database used for message logging, modify the properties clfuent.messagelog.db.*